Processing Personal Data
Collection of Personal Data:
We may collect Personal Data about you, such as your name, address, and contact details. Examples of sources from which we may collect Personal Data include the following:
• We may obtain your Personal Data when you provide it to us (e.g., where you create an account with us, sign up to our newsletter, contact us via email, through our website, contact form, or by any other means).
• We may collect your Personal Data in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., in the course of administering your Montréal Musique account or in providing you our services).
• We may collect Personal Data that you manifestly choose to make public, including via our Site.
• We may receive your Personal Data from third parties who provide it to us, for example when such third parties are using Montréal Musique’s application programming interface (API).
• We may collect or obtain Personal Data when you visit our Site, or use any features or resources available on or through our Site. When you visit our Site, your device and browser will automatically disclose certain information, some of which may constitute Personal Data (see below).
Creation of Personal Data:
We may also create Personal Data about you, such as records of your interactions using our Site, and details of your account history.
Categories of Personal Data:
The categories of Personal Data about you that we may Process include:
• Personal details: first and last name; email address; password; and account settings.
• Contact details: email address.
• Professional details: company name; professional profile details; association memberships; and qualifications.
• Device details: device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, geolocation, language settings, dates and times of connecting to our Site and other technical communications information.
• Payment details: Montréal Musique may use third party payment processors (we currently use PayPal) for the Processing of payment details.
• Usage details: records of your use of our Site and other services, including: registration details; details of content with which you interact; questions; downloads; purchases; ratings; feedback; search queries; anonymous viewings; page views; metadata related to product usage.
• Views, opinions and interests: any comments, ratings, views or opinions that you choose to send to us, post via our Site, via a survey, or publicly post via Social Media Platforms. When you post comments or questions on our blog, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. We also may wish to post your testimonials, which may contain personally identifiable information, on our website or through social media. In such a scenario, we will obtain your consent via email prior to posting your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us using this link: Contact Us
Processing your Sensitive Personal Data:
We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process your Sensitive Personal Data, except where:
• the Processing is required or permitted by applicable law (e.g., to comply with our diversity reporting obligations);
• the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
• the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights; or
• we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior explicit consent prior to Processing your Sensitive Personal Data (as above, this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
Purposes for which we may Process your Personal Data:
The purposes for which we may Process Personal Data, subject to applicable law, include:
• Our Site: operating and managing our Site; providing content to you; displaying advertising and other information to you; and communicating and interacting with you via our Site.
• Provision of services to you: providing our Site and products and services to you; communicating with you in relation to those services (for example, for customer support); recommending content that may be of interest to you.
• Marketing communications: communicating with you via email, Social Media Platforms, post or in person news, products and services items and other information in which you may be interested.
• Communications and IT operations: management of our communications systems; operation of IT security; and IT security audits.
• Safety: safety assessments and record keeping; and compliance with related legal obligations.
• Financial management: sales; finance; corporate audit; and vendor management.
• Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our Site or our services.
• Improving our Site and our services: identifying issues with existing Site and our services; planning improvements to existing Site and our services; creating new Site and our services.
Cookies and Automatically Collected Data
We also use navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the solutions and information for which you searched and which you viewed. Like most Internet services, we automatically gather this Personal Data and store it in log files each time you visit our website or access your account on our network.
Third Party Websites and Tools
Our provision of a link to any other website or location is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other website or location or its contents, products or services. When you click on such a link, you will leave our Site and go to another site. During this process, a third party may collect Personal Data from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content.
Similarly, some parts of our Site may include social media integrations (such as the Facebook “like” button or, widgets, such as the “share this” button or other Social Media buttons provided on our Site) or other third-party features (such as the embedded Soundcloud audio tracks).
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law.
You are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Data that you send to us are sent securely.
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to fulfill our legitimate purposes, including for the purposes of providing our products and services to you and satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. The criteria that we use to determine retention periods will be determined by the nature of the data and the purposes for which it is kept and the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Accessing, Updating and Deleting Your Personal Data
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the Processing of your Personal Data, including:
• the right to request access to, or copies of, your Personal Data that we Process or control;
• the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Personal Data that we Process or control;
• the right to request, on legitimate grounds:
- erasure of your Personal Data that we Process or control; or
- restriction of Processing of your Personal Data that we Process or control;
• the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf;
• the right to have your Personal Data that we Process or control transferred to another Controller, to the extent applicable;
• where we Process your Personal Data on the basis of your express consent, the right to withdraw that consent; and
• the right to lodge complaints with a Data Protection Authority regarding the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf.
To exercise one or more of these rights, or to ask a question about these rights or any other provision of this Policy, or about our Processing of your Personal Data, please contact us using this link: Contact Us
You can also delete your account and all data via your profile page:
How to delete your account and data ?
A few more notes:
We may disclose personal information when required by law, or in order to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on the site. Certain personal information that we collect on the site may be distributed among ourselves or other third parties solely for the purposes of processing your request or arranging delivery of your subscription, product, or service that you have requested. We may store and process personal information in Canada or any other country in which we (or any of our affiliates or partners) maintain facilities.
Blogs and Testimonials
• We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit on the blog. Some of our clients and community members have chosen to post testimonials on our site. The user has provided approval to post their personally identifiable information along with this testimonial.
• To opt out of the Montreal Musique newsletter, please click unsubscribe in the body of the email communication.
Terms of ServicePlease read our Terms of Service here:
Click on the image to verify our SSL Certificate
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have further questions: